Crop insurance eligibility requires producers to prove conservation efforts

us crop insurance program

The U.S. Department of Agriculture has issued a reminder to growers with regards to 2014 Farm Bill requirements. A reminder has now been issued by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to growers who wish to ensure that they are eligible for crop insurance, as they will also need to make a filing at their local USDA service center, of a Highly Erodible Land Conservation and Wetland Conservation Certification form (AD-1026). This form needs to be filed by June 1, 2015 in order to obtain premium support from the insurance…

Read More