The top rated pet insurance in the United States, Petplan Pet Insurance, has released the names of the veterinarians on the short list for its 2012 “Vet of the Year Award”, narrowing the list down from the original 2,000 nominations that had been received by the insurer from across the country late last year.
The names on the list include:
• Dr. Matt Hennessey, Houston, TX – Jersey Village Animal Hospital
• Dr. William Latter, Lakeland, FL – All Creatures Animal Clinic
• Dr. Gary Richter, Oakland, CA – Montclair Veterinary Hospital
• Dr. Chris Berg, Rancho Cucamonga, CA – Rancho Regional Veterinary Hospital
• Dr. Alan Stewart, San Francisco, CA – San Francisco Veterinary Specialists
• Dr. Richard Palmquist, Sherman Oaks, CA – Centinella Animal Hospital
• Dr. Erin Wilson, Beverly Hills, CA – Dr. Shipps Animal Hospital (The Amanda Foundation)
• Dr. Corinne Majeska, Philadelphia, PA – Companion Pet Hospital
• Dr. Nancy Bureau, Boulder, CO – Alpine Hospital for Animals
• Dr. Thomas Wiles, Pittsburgh, PA – Pittsburgh Spay and Vaccination Clinic
The professionals on this list were chosen because they are strong examples of the core values set by Petplan of providing pets with an exceptional care level, as well as extraordinary customer service for pet owners.
The judging panel for the Vet Awards at Petplan will soon choose one winner and three finalists. The accomplished panel is made up of notable veterinarians and pet health professionals. The list of the finalists’ names will be released in February, and the winner will be announced in March.