Pennsylvania health insurance enrollments reach 81,000

Pennsylvania health insurance exchange

The government figures that were released this week show that there has been a sharp increase in sign ups.

According to recent news data released by state officials, Pennsylvania health insurance enrollments have been climbing rapidly since the figures that were released at the end of November.

At that time, the number of enrollments had been only 11,800 people within the state.

Pennsylvania health insuranceThis week, the government provided the latest figures, which show that more than 81,000 people have now signed up to receive Pennsylvania health insurance plans through the exchange. It is clear that over the last month and a half, there has been a considerable rise in the number of people who sought to obtain their coverage in order to be able to comply with the individual mandate of the Affordable Care Act.

This growth in Pennsylvania health insurance sign ups mirrors the trend occurring across the country.

The Obama Administration has said that there are now over 2 million Americans who have newly signed up for coverage under the health care reforms. That data reflects only the number of people who enrolled by the end of December – half a month ago. Individual states have been gradually releasing their own numbers to show the progress that they have seen.

In Pennsylvania, more than half of the enrolled individuals – 56 percent – were women, with the remaining 44 percent being men. This is extremely close to the data that has been released regarding registrations nationwide, where the average is 54 percent women and 46 percent men.

When examining the health care reform enrollments by age in the state, it showed that 39 percent of the people who have signed up are between the ages of 55 and 64 years old. The group from 18 to 34 years old represented 24 percent of the enrollments. Nationwide, the first age group represented 33 percent and the second age group represented 24 percent of the people who have purchased their coverage.

The data that was released showed that among the people who signed up for Pennsylvania health insurance, 76 percent received financial assistance and 26 percent did not.

Related posts

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.