Motorists would be willing to prove their low alcohol levels in order to lower their premiums.
A new auto insurance survey has shown that most drivers would be willing to install a breathalyzer in their car to prove to their insurers that they aren’t driving after drinking, in exchange for a discount on their premiums.
Almost two thirds of the survey respondents said they would be willing to add this feature to their vehicles.
The survey also showed that the number of people willing to install a breathalyzer in their cars for an auto insurance discount was about twice as great as the number that said that they would be willing to install a cell phone disabling device.
The auto insurance research involved the participation of 500 licensed drivers in the United States.
The purpose of the survey was to determine some of the steps that motorists would be willing to take in order to reduce the amount that they have to pay for their auto insurance. Though some of the results were relatively predictable, some were considered to be quite surprising. For example 1 in every five drivers (20 percent) said that they would be willing to have an onboard observation camera installed in the vehicle.
_________________________Random Success Quotes to Remember ~ “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don't wish it were easier; wish you were better..” - Jim Rohn
The results of the auto insurance survey included the following:
• 20 percent were willing to have their insurer install an observation camera.
• 24 percent said that they would be willing to considerably limit their driving times.
• 27 percent said that they would be willing to considerably reduce the miles they drive.
• 28 percent said that they would allow an auto insurance company to restrict their maximum driving speed.
• 37 percent would be willing to install a cell phone disabling device
• 39 percent of the respondents would have allowed a data monitoring device installation into their vehicles.
• 64 percent said that they would allow their auto insurance companies to install a breathalyzer device into their vehicles.
As of yet, there are no large auto insurers offering breathalyzer devices for vehicles in order to provide a discount for premiums.